ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Feature Requests > Restore last selected job after entering into gui mode

Tue, 07/Oct/2014 7:39 PM
Marc
11 Posts
Right now, when entering SmedgeGui from Enging Mode, all gui states are restored exept the last selected item. It is really annoying when I want to have a quick peek at the current progress, press F8 to switch to Gui Mode and then having to find/select my job from the lists again.

It would be great if SmedgeGui could fully restore the actual last state when entering from Engine Mode.

Edit:
It looks like the "Work" views also loose the connection to the already served logs from the engines. After entering from Engine mode, the "Note" column of the work view in the main section is empty for all active work units. When I select "view process output" or "view truncated output" from the context menu of such a work unit, I get a message saying "Asked to connect to output, but we do not have a server address to connect to".
Note that this all works in the "History view" - be it in the Info pane or as a separate window.

Edited by author on Tue, 07/Oct/2014 8:21 PM

Thu, 16/Oct/2014 7:09 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
I can look into restoring the last selection on reconnecting. For the job history, that's a little more complicated. The work view system uses a different system than the history currently. I will check if there is something that can be done to correct the issue when reconnecting.

Thanks
-robin

update: I tested engine mode and back, and the selection history is preserved. You just need to go back one step after you reconnect from engine mode. If it's not working for you, please contact me directly at so I can take a look. Thanks!

Edited by author on Thu, 16/Oct/2014 7:45 PM

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved