ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Feature Requests > Please re-instate 'Transfer all settings' button.

Thu, 30/Oct/2008 9:47 AM
Jamie
102 Posts
Hi Robin,

We're currently using 30240 (windows) on our live farm and I'm really missing having all the settings transfer to the nodes when I hit apply and close or simply apply.

This doesn't seem to work as expected and I have to save a default then manually edit the properties for each node and then reset to default. Can you please, please please bring back the 'transfer to all' nodes button. that worked 100% but now I get some randomesque behaviour trying to update node configs en-masse.

cheers

Jamie

Fri, 31/Oct/2008 8:24 AM
QuakeMarine1
177 Posts
I though i am the only one with that issue

+1

Fri, 31/Oct/2008 8:24 AM
QuakeMarine1
177 Posts
I though i am the only one with that issue

+1

Sat, 01/Nov/2008 3:51 AM
Robin
1138 Posts
When you start the editor with multiple Engines, each Engine retains its current settings. If you change a setting, that setting and that setting only will be automatically propagated. I can replace the "Transfer all settings" button though.

I am also thinking it should have a presets function, allowing you to instantly apply different Engine presets you can save, say, for different types of hardware.

Can you post the steps to reproduce any problems you have noticed with the editor?

Thanks
-robin

Edited by author on Sat, 01/Nov/2008 4:04 AM

Tue, 04/Nov/2008 10:09 AM
Jamie
102 Posts
No problem Robin, thanks for the reply. Quakemarine, you'll know what I'm on about. :~D

I've just had this occur just now so I'll post the steps whilst it's fresh in my memory.

1. Restart the Smedge master (30240)
2. Open Smedgegui
3. Start up Smedgeengines on nodes
4. Select 6 8 core nodes and edit product settings. change and apply and close. All changes made worked (New modo module)
5. Select another 8 nodes and edit product settings, change and apply and close. Only 1st node has the change.
6. try again, this time having saved as default the config I want to apply. Reset to default, apply and close, again only 1st node has this change.
7. Edit indivudual node configs and reset one at a time to default.

It's as if the 1st time I do this it works then some stack or config param isn't clearing or loading the new list of selected nodes to have the changes updated. I do think a pre-set config option is maybe a good idea, something along the lines of what you've implemented in the job editor.

Wed, 05/Nov/2008 4:11 PM
QuakeMarine1
177 Posts
in my case I have all the nodes unique so I overwrite on startup via batch
C:\Documents and Settings\All users\Application Data\Uberware\SmedgeEngine\ProductOptions.ini

then I just need to edit one file and reboot

what do i hear? Modo modul? what?

Fri, 07/Nov/2008 12:15 PM
Manish
25 Posts
Hey....I was about to mention that....

I vote for it too.... +1

Tue, 18/Nov/2008 7:03 AM
Jamie
102 Posts
Been working on Modo module for smedge, made a (basic) python script to generate the command list file for each packet and then get the node to execute the modo_cl with the said commandlist file.

Seems to work quite well so far but I'm needing to spend some more time in Modo's scripting docs to add more features & options.

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved