ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Feature Requests > History Totals For Multiple Items

Wed, 16/Oct/2013 10:52 AM
Dan
29 Posts
It would be cool to be able to report the total time rendered for everything in the Q.

The history panel could work slightly differently to do this. If more than one job is selected and it could report back the total elapsed time/realtime/etc for everything selected. This would be a good way to say, "this job took this long".

Wed, 16/Oct/2013 4:57 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
I'm going to be expanding on the history and statistics for next year's release. I will try to accommodate selecting multiple jobs as part of that. Other changes will involve getting statistics based on job data (like the scene file, project, or creator). The next Smedge will also let you add any arbitrary data you want to jobs, so you will be able to add your own custom organizational data (like a department, shot number, team, pipeline stage, or whatever else) and then this custom data can be used to get statistics.

The other advantage of this new data scheme is that the data will become truly version agnostic, both forward and backward compatible, so that you will no longer have to update Smedge on your entire network at one time. It will also make it easy to implement dynamically customizable products, so you can add new versions of products, or whole new custom products on the fly without having to shutdown and restart Smedge.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you,
-robin

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved