ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Feature Requests > 3DMax Auto Load Scene to Detect Camera

Mon, 02/Jul/2012 8:47 AM
Dan
29 Posts
In Smedge, when you load a Maya scene it parses the Maya scene to detect possible cameras. In max it doesn't. It would be cool if Smedge parsed the MAX scene to detect possible cameras, then auto-loaded the current camera into the camera field. This would prevent, and force, the correct camera to be rendered. We've run into a recurring issue where the perspective camera renders even if our main camera is maximized when the scene is saved. Thsi would fix that and make it a bit more full proof.

Fri, 06/Jul/2012 1:15 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
Hi there

Actually, Smedge does not read the Maya file in any way. However, the submitRender.mel script that allows you to submit the job from inside of Maya does check that there is at least one renderable camera set before submitting the scene file.

I should be able to add similar functionality to the submitRender_Max.ms Max Script file that integrates into 3DS Max. I will look into this when I get a chance, hopefully next week or so.

Thanks,
-robin

Sat, 07/Jul/2012 7:12 PM
QuakeMarine1
177 Posts
its not easy to detect the render cam in 3dsmax script
if camera is freez or part of a hidden layer or just "locked" in the render setup you are doomed

Edited by author on Sat, 07/Jul/2012 7:12 PM

Sun, 17/Mar/2013 7:55 AM
QuakeMarine1
177 Posts
in 3ds 2013 is a new "feature" called custom user layouts
it mess up the camera detection even more - incredible buggy :(

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved