ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Feature Requests > Don't show the job being editted in it's own 'wait-for job xx completion' drop down.

Fri, 29/Oct/2010 6:19 AM
Jamie
102 Posts
You would not believe how many people skim over that job list and make a job wait on itself to complete before starting, that and setting cpu limit on custom job to zero by mistake.

Normally what they usually intend to do which is get the mantra job to wait on the IFD generation job finishing.

Just a thought!

J

Sun, 31/Oct/2010 12:37 AM
Robin
1138 Posts
Hmm, I'll see what I can do.

Thanks
-robin

Fri, 05/Nov/2010 10:48 AM
Jamie
102 Posts
Cheers Robin, don't worry too much about it, I'm thinking we're just needing to tighten up the in-app submit tool here for ourselves but others (who don't use the in-app tools for some comforting reason) do make the odd mistake.

Can't sing the praises of this build enough, apart from that failing job event system still messing up, managed to code a new event driven system in the herald system for that and much much more on top of smedge. Working like a charm, damn thing's practically auto-wrangling itself now :D

J

Fri, 05/Nov/2010 2:44 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
It was actually a pretty easy change to not display the job being edited in the list of jobs to wait for, so this will be included in the Smedge 2011 update. It is still possible to set up a job to wait for itself using the Submit tool and the .SJ job files, but that would take a bit more effort than just accidentally choosing it from the dropdown list in the GUI.

I'm glad to hear things are working well for you there. I always wanted to make sure that Smedge can fit into just about any pipeline, no matter how complicated or crazy it ends up being. Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems, be sure to let me know.

Thanks!
-robin

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved