ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Feature Requests > Engine process seizes Windows application focus after packet completes

Mon, 19/Apr/2010 6:47 PM
Zeth
2 Posts
I'm running tests with fast renders and one frame packets. (17 seconds per job).
As each packet completes, the Smedge GUI takes the focus away (WIN7) from another application--typing in a web browser...makes it very obvious.

It seems to do it as write when the log file is being updated. I guess this because in the work tab, the Log file clears (under NOTE), then focus shifts, then it notes the location of the log file.

I'm running Master and Engine on the machine, in DOS windows.

Note this focus shift happens even when I close the Smedge GUI, so it's not a GUI update..is it Engine or Master? Or is it my application that's doing it? Using MachStudioPro.

Edited by author on Mon, 19/Apr/2010 6:48 PM

Tue, 20/Apr/2010 2:06 AM
Robin
1138 Posts
Hi Zeth

It's not Smedge doing the application shifting. SmedgeEngine simply starts (or stops) the process. Does the MSP renderer do any GUI operations? Some of the other renderers do have similar flashing because they make use of GUI resources. Smedge normally tries to start a process hidden, but there may operations in your code that cause the Task Bar to be changed, or trigger some other Windows Explorer refreshing of some kind.

You can try running the Engine as a service. If it fails to render, it may help you find the GUI resource problems. If it succeeds, you should not see any flashing, because services run under a different window session.

-robin

Fri, 23/Apr/2010 4:34 PM
Zeth
2 Posts
Hi, Robin. You're right! It's the command line render application...it tends to interrupt focus when it launches a new job. But not consistently...which is odd. The engineers are looking into it. Thanks for the reply.

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved