ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Feature Requests > Support for many open source renderers?

Wed, 15/Apr/2009 10:36 AM
Chad
11 Posts
Im experimenting with many different open source renderers like Pixie, aqsis and luxrender and I was wondering if Smedge either was able to support these renderers, or if it is easy to set smedge up to use them yourself (I'm not really a scripting guy).

Thanks!

Thu, 16/Apr/2009 2:23 AM
Robin
1138 Posts
Smedge already includes support for Aqsis out of the box. Adding new products for Smedge to support can be as easy as modifying an INI file, so it doesn't take much scripting ability. Aqsis is actually supported in this way, and it is easy to do without any scripting knowledge. All you need to know, really, is how to format a command line to start a render for these products. The rest is window dressing.

I will look into adding support for Pixie and luxrender, but right now we are in the middle of major new feature implementation for the next version, so I'm not sure how soon I will be able to get to it. If you figure it out before I get to it, feel free to post your virtual module file, or send it our way, and we can include it in the distribution for other users.

Thanks
-robin

Fri, 23/Oct/2009 4:16 PM
Billy
21 Posts
Were you able to create a module for Luxrender?

Sat, 24/Oct/2009 12:56 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
I am looking at the Luxrender system now. It doesn't have a lot of options. The question is, what kind of work are you trying to do with it? Are you using Maya as your source package? Are you trying to render animations or split single frame renders across multiple machines?

-robin

Tue, 27/Oct/2009 1:49 PM
Billy
21 Posts
We have a Blender guy playing around with it, he was just currious if smedge could render with it. I found this post, so I told him I would look into it for him. It would be used for doing animations, we don't do a lot of single frame renders.

Tue, 12/Jan/2010 11:51 AM
Jamie
102 Posts
Luxrender is an interesting one indeed, is there a chance you could render in two ways.

First would be to render one animation using multiple nodes

Second would be to render one frame using multiple nodes like the build in feature of the standalone luxclient etc.

I'll keep an eye on this one for sure!

Cheers

Jamie

Tue, 12/Jan/2010 7:51 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
I've scheduled to try to get Lux into the Smedge 2010 update 1 release by next month. It may not include the split frame rendering, but it may. Fry, the other new addition for the release, will do single frame distribution the same way that Maxwell does.

-robin

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved