ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Announcements > Searching for an alpha site and beta testers for the Wake on LAN feature

Sun, 30/Nov/2008 1:26 AM
Robin
1138 Posts
Hi everyone.

We are implementing the Wake-on-LAN feature now, and we need your help to get it finished. We are looking for beta testers. This will be testing of the first releases of the code. The beta period will last 3-5 weeks, to work out the kinks on various hardware and OS platforms.

Testers must have hardware that is capable of handling Wake-on-LAN. You should check with your hardware vendor to see if your hardware is capable of supporting Wake-on-LAN, and if it has been properly configured (it may be disabled by default). You can find more information about Wake-On-LAN and your specific hardware on the Internet, as well.

Please let us know if you can help! Thank you.

-robin

Edited by author on Sun, 30/Nov/2008 1:29 AM

Wed, 03/Dec/2008 3:31 AM
Arnaud
1 Post
We're interested in the wake-on-lan function and would like to be part of your beta testing group.

Let us know of the next steps.

Thanks,

Arnaud Paris

Thu, 04/Dec/2008 11:45 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
Please email me directly at , and I'll send more information.

Thanks
-robin

Tue, 16/Dec/2008 7:37 AM
Jamie
102 Posts
You've got mail :D

Jamie

Fri, 13/Mar/2009 4:16 AM
Robin
1138 Posts
Hi

I wanted to update on this feature. It is still in progress. The economy has forced cutbacks at Uberware the last few months, and progress on this feature has slowed. However, things are looking up, and this is about half way there, so it shouldn't be much longer when it picks back up.

I will post more on this when it is ready for testing. Sorry for the delay.

Thanks
-robin

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved