ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Support > timeout in sentence

Thu, 02/Nov/2017 10:27 PM
Alonso
11 Posts
hi everyone.

i would like to know if there is anyway in herald to have some timeout to delete the job, i have some postrender actions configured around the delete job parameter, but there is some cases where the "$(SmedgeDir)Job"Delete $(ID) runs before the post action.

And also i want to send a message from the server to the creator when the job's done.

Thanks.

Fri, 03/Nov/2017 1:41 AM
Alonso
11 Posts
FYI i had been trying with the

cmd /c timeout /t 05 /nobreak "$(SmedgeDir)Job"Delete $(ID)

in the job's finished herald event and had not worked.

hope you can help me.

Mon, 06/Nov/2017 7:05 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
Order of operations gets a little tricky, because the way the operations get handled internally means that they can be processed in a different order depending on the number of cores in the master machine and how many other operations happen to occur around the same time.

You may want to try moving some of your processing to the "Job Finished" event instead of the "Job Deleted" event. Another option is to try creating a simple script that does the post-processing you want and then deletes the job, and have that script be what gets run by the Herald. This will ensure that the timing of the post-process and job delete are entirely in your control.

Regarding having a message sent to the artist, I just responded to another poster in the "Feature Requests" board with some ideas about that, using Herald or the event commands.

Please let me know if that helps, or if you have any questions or other needs that are not able to be met using these methods. Thanks,
-robin

Edited by author on Mon, 06/Nov/2017 7:06 PM

Mon, 06/Nov/2017 7:57 PM
Alonso
11 Posts
yeah thanks, in fact i already did that,
when the job finish the file is copy into the image path,
when the job is deleted then the .bat runs.

my problem is when i try to put auto delete job, the command apparently is not copied yet, so the herlad can't run the file because it dosn't find the .bat

PS. sorry to made a mess in the forums

Mon, 06/Nov/2017 11:23 PM
Alonso
11 Posts
Hi everyone, i already done (trouble solved), what i did was just to made a bat with a countdown, and configure the herald to run this task and activated the "wait to finished" option so then run the wished .bat when the job is deleted.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved