ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Support > VIEW FRAME command gives error after installing Smedge 2016

Tue, 06/Dec/2016 7:04 AM
Doug
50 Posts
I've always checked my renders in progress by right clicking on a filename in the Smedge GUI History log and choosing 'view frame' (http://www.whitneydigital.com/viewFrame.png), but in 2016, I get an error which among other things says the file does not exist, even though it does exist. (http://www.whitneydigital.com/viewFrameError.png). Do I need to adjust a setting somewhere? Thanks.

Wed, 07/Dec/2016 10:39 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
Hi Doug. You need to set the path to the executable for the frame viewer application in the SmedgeGUI options. The option is in the Product Options, and must be set for each product currently.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks,
-robin

Mon, 12/Dec/2016 4:28 PM
Doug
50 Posts
I see a field for the command line, but can't find a path to executable:

http://www.whitneydigital.com/fcheck_path.png

Mon, 12/Dec/2016 9:00 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
you would add the path in front of the "fcheck" part of the command line for each of the View Frame Commandline and View Sequence Commandline fields. For example:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2016\bin\fcheck.exe" $(Note.Local.Enquote)

Edit: Note that I missed the quote marks, because the path has spaces in it! This is the path for the single frame command line. You can do the same for the view sequence command line.

Edited by author on Tue, 13/Dec/2016 1:01 PM

Fri, 23/Dec/2016 12:07 AM
Doug
50 Posts
Thanks. fcheck launches now, but it immediately quits. Do I need to adjust any of the other fields in the dialogue box from my jpg above?

Mon, 09/Jan/2017 3:58 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
I'm not sure what else could be going on. One thing you can try is to look at the History.log from the SmedgeGui process, and finding the full command line that is being started. Then try copying that command line into a Command Prompt window on the machine to see what you get.

I can be available to remote connect and help get this configured if you need. Please contact to arrange a time for that. Thank you,
-robin

Sun, 23/Jul/2017 8:38 PM
Jason
16 Posts
Hi Robin,

Working on a small project in Maya 2016.5 using MR. I have several previous version of fcheck and maya installed from 2014 to maya 2017.

For some reason the 2016.0 Smedge GUI isn't working for me but maybe I'm creating a type somewhere..

System>SmedgeGUI Options>Product Options>Product selected to "Maya"

default "View Frame Commandline" is set to: fcheck $(Note.Local.Enquote)

Doesn't work nor can I point to the fcheck.exe which in this case wants to be Maya2017\...\bin\fcheck.exe

So I supply based on this post

Modified "View Frame Commandline" is set to:"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2017\bin\fcheck.exe" $(Note.Local.Enquote)

or

Modified "View Frame Commandline" is set to:"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2017\bin\fcheck.exe $(Note.Local.Enquote)"

or

Modified "View Frame Commandline" is set to:C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2017\bin\fcheck.exe $(Note.Local.Enquote)

But the fcheck frame viewer won't launch over a finished packet..

Sun, 23/Jul/2017 8:43 PM
Jason
16 Posts
Oh I'm rendering to 32bit EXR which I realize isn't supported by Fcheck....

I'll test again tomorrow with .iff. Maybe thats the culprit but don't know for sure.

Mon, 31/Jul/2017 5:29 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
The fist command is the one you want:

"Path/to/fcheck.exe" $(Note.Local.Enquote)

It does seem that the EXR issue is probably your issue, because fcheck does not support them. Please let me know if you need me to remote connect and help out further. Thank you,
-robin

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved