ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Support > GPU Issue

Tue, 27/Sep/2016 8:40 PM
adam
8 Posts
When I attempt to launch a job for Redshift for Maya I get the following error:

Invalid flag: -gpus

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Wed, 28/Sep/2016 6:55 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
There is a typo that made it out into the production version of the 2016 release. The flag should be "-gpu" (without the s). I'm not sure how this got changed after testing the Redshift product.

The good news is that it has been fixed in the hotfix. The even better news is that you can fix it yourself very simply, by following these steps:

1. Select all of your Engines
2. Choose Engine > Configure Product Options
3. Select "Redshift for Maya" as the Product to configure
4. Correct the command formatting string to get rid of the extra 's' character after the -gpu flag before the $(GPUs) value (which should keep the extra 's' character.
5. Click Apply and Close

If you continue to have an issue with it, please contact so I can remote connect and resolve it for you. Thank you and sorry for any inconvenience.
-robin

Wed, 28/Sep/2016 10:08 PM
adam
8 Posts
Cool, that seemed to work. I have a new issue, however, where the render is throwing an error:

// Maya exited with status 210

Should I be pointing smedge to Render.exe in the maya directory?

Any help to let me know what i'm doing wrong would be great, I'm a little lost.

Edited by author on Thu, 29/Sep/2016 7:59 AM

Thu, 29/Sep/2016 11:08 AM
Robin
1138 Posts
Yes, the "Path to the Executable" in the Engine Product Options should point to "Render.exe" not any of the other executables. Often you can leave this at the default and, if Maya is installed in the default location, Smedge can find the latest version by itself.

Regarding your error, it sounds like something else is going on. It may be having an issue loading the renderer plugin or something. A good way to see more is to right click on the failed work in the Job History view, and choose "View Process Output." This should open a window with the full output from the renderer, which will probably have more messages about what is going on.

If you continue to have trouble, please contact so I can remote connect to your machine and see what is going on. Usually issues like this can be resolved in just a few minutes with remote support, because we can find the specific cause quickly and deploy and test corrective measures.

Thanks,
-robin

Mon, 10/Oct/2016 1:14 PM
Paul
6 Posts
Did you ever get this to work Adam? I get the same "Maya exited with status 210" message when I render with the Redshift for Maya product configuration. If I render using the Maya product configuration, it works fine. I downloaded and installed the latest Smedge download last Friday. I still had to go in and change the -gpus flag to -gpu. Here's what my view process output looks like:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2017\bin\Render.exe" -r redshift -rl test -proj \\VPSBS2011\Users\jgramling\Medscape_Osteoporosis -rd \\VPSBS2011\Users\jgramling\Medscape_Osteoporosis\images -gpu 0 -s 9 -e 9 \\VPSBS2011\Users\jgramling\Medscape_Osteoporosis\scenes\Redshift_Test.mb
========================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

--- switching to standard error stream ---

Starting "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2017\bin\mayabatch.exe"
--- switching to standard output stream ---
Initialized VP2.0 renderer {
Version : 2016.3.18.11. Feature Level 5.
Adapter : GeForce GTX 1080/PCIe/SSE2
Vendor ID: 4318. Device ID : 7040
Driver : .
API : OpenGL V.4.5.
Max texture size : 16384 * 16384.
Max tex coords : 32
Shader versions supported (Vertex: 5, Geometry: 5, Pixel 5).
Shader compiler profile : (Best card profile)
Active stereo support available : 0
GPU Memory Limit : 8192 MB.
CPU Memory Limit: 15537.8 MB.
}
OpenCL evaluator is attempting to initialize OpenCL.
Unable to detect NVidia driver version. Disabling asynchronous read-back for OpenCL.
Detected 1 OpenCL Platforms:
0: NVIDIA Corporation. NVIDIA CUDA. OpenCL 1.2 CUDA 8.0.0.
Supported extensions: cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_fp64 cl_khr_byte_addressable_store cl_khr_icd cl_khr_gl_sharing cl_nv_compiler_options cl_nv_device_attribute_query cl_nv_pragma_unroll cl_nv_d3d10_sharing cl_khr_d3d10_sharing cl_nv_d3d11_sharing cl_nv_copy_opts
OpenCL evaluator choosing OpenCL platform NVIDIA Corporation.
OpenCL evaluator is unable to find a GPU device that can share VBOs with OpenGL.
pymel.core : INFO : Updating pymel with pre-loaded plugins: mayaHIK, invertShape, GamePipeline, CloudImportExport, curveWarp, tiffFloatReader, MASH, poseInterpolator, bifrostvisplugin, hairPhysicalShader, ATFPlugin, ikSpringSolver, ik2Bsolver, xgenToolkit, AbcExport, retargeterNodes, gameFbxExporter, VectorRender, OpenEXRLoader, lookdevKit, Unfold3D, mayaCharacterization, Type, renderSetup, fbxmaya
[Redshift] Redshift for Maya 2017

[Redshift] Version 2.0.65, Oct 4 2016

Error: line 1: The camera 'perspShape' has no 'ai_translator' attribute.
Error: line 1: Node "perspShape" has no attribute "ai_translator".
Error: line 1: The camera 'topShape' has no 'ai_translator' attribute.
Error: line 1: Node "topShape" has no attribute "ai_translator".
Error: line 1: The camera 'frontShape' has no 'ai_translator' attribute.
Error: line 1: Node "frontShape" has no attribute "ai_translator".
Error: line 1: The camera 'sideShape' has no 'ai_translator' attribute.
Error: line 1: Node "sideShape" has no attribute "ai_translator".
Error: line 1: The mesh 'pCubeShape1' has no 'ai_translator' attribute.
Error: line 1: Node "pCubeShape1" has no attribute "ai_translator".
Error: line 1: The mesh 'pSphereShape1' has no 'ai_translator' attribute.
Error: line 1: Node "pSphereShape1" has no attribute "ai_translator".
Error: line 1: The mesh 'pPlaneShape1' has no 'ai_translator' attribute.
Error: line 1: Node "pPlaneShape1" has no attribute "ai_translator".
Error: line 1: The camera 'cameraShape1' has no 'ai_translator' attribute.
Error: line 1: Node "cameraShape1" has no attribute "ai_translator".
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'defaultArnoldRenderOptions'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'defaultArnoldFilter'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'defaultArnoldDriver'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'defaultArnoldDisplayDriver'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Errors have occurred while reading this scene that may result in data loss.
File read in 0.31 seconds.
Result: //VPSBS2011/Users/jgramling/Medscape_Osteoporosis/scenes/Redshift_Test.mb
Error: file: C:\Users\MPOLLA~1.REN\AppData\Local\Temp\AST21FB9336.tmp line 13: Cannot convert data of type int to type int[].
Error: file: C:\Users\MPOLLA~1.REN\AppData\Local\Temp\AST21FB9336.tmp line 35: Scene \\VPSBS2011\Users\jgramling\Medscape_Osteoporosis\scenes\Redshift_Test.mb failed to render.

--- switching to standard error stream ---

// Maya exited with status 210

Fri, 14/Oct/2016 2:29 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
If you still have trouble, send me an email at and I can try connecting remotely to see if I can help out. Thanks,
-robin

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved