ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Support > Network Render Fail

Wed, 17/Aug/2016 6:01 AM
Andy
4 Posts
Hi There

I'm having problems creating a network render from my new workstation running )S 10.10.5 and Smedge 2012 Update 2 and distributing a C4D R17.
The job will render locally in C4D fine, and render using Smedge if my workstation is not in the render group.
The log is giving two key errors;

Error: plugin (Farm10.dylib) doesn't support the required sdk

Error: plugin (Farm11.dylib) doesn't support the required sdk

I only have external plugin, CV-VRCam which isn't in use for this job, however this seems to point at something else.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Andy.

Wed, 17/Aug/2016 1:51 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
Hi. Are you able to render the C4D command line directly on your machine in Terminal? You can see the command line at the top of the captured output from Smedge on a frame that tried to render on your machine.

If you can do that, but it gives a different error in Smedge, the best bet is to contact and arrange a remote support session to see what is going on.

If you see the same failure message in Terminal, the issue is something about how C4D is set up on your machine.

Let me know if that helps. Thanks,
-robin

Fri, 19/Aug/2016 12:54 PM
Andy
4 Posts
Thanks so much for your help so far. I'm please to say that a reinstall of C4D and its plugins fixed the problem, but amazingly only temporarily.....I got 2 successful renders but somehow the error has now returned despite no change in configurations or plugins that I'm using. The new updated scene merely had some 3D changes and nothing else.
This is really confusing for me, any help going forward would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Andy

Thu, 25/Aug/2016 12:48 AM
Robin
1138 Posts
It seems like an issue with the plugin. Have you been able to verify if it works by the command line?

Thu, 25/Aug/2016 10:11 AM
Andy
4 Posts
It does seem to point in that direction. I'll try reinstalling the plugin from scratch and see if that helps.

Thanks,
Andy

Fri, 26/Aug/2016 6:01 AM
Andy
4 Posts
I think I narrowed it down to the Rebus farm plugin. When I delete the plugin from the folder within Library/Preferences/Maxon/etc the scene renders fine via Smedge. Then I reinstall Rebus and I get the error back again.

I think Rebus themselves use Smedge so I wondered if you had any insights or had seen this before..?

Thanks

Fri, 26/Aug/2016 4:25 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
Rebus does use Smedge, but that should be irrelevant to the plugin, and if you can reproduce the same error with the command line render, that would confirm it. If you can reproduce it without Smedge, you should contact Rebus and let them know that there may be an issue with their plugin.

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved