ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Support > JobFinishedEvt on linux

Fri, 12/Aug/2016 6:18 PM
Carver
5 Posts

Hello,

I'm sure this is an easy one (sorry for two questions in a row, but I think we have it all figured out except for this): we're having a bit of trouble replicating the JobFinishedEvt success we had on windows, for linux. Our master is going to be a linux machine--and we welcome our new robot overlord--but the hodgepodge of commands we've given it for the JobFinishedEvt doesn't seem to be recognized and we're not sure what it wants.

On windows we had a simple "python C:\path\to\myScript.py", and it worked first try. When we did the same thing after migrating our master (at his bidding) to linux, where it will remain, the same JobFinishedEvt did nothing. When the identical command is put straight into a shell, all goes well, and we are starting SmedgeGui from the terminal as a superuser.

Any idea what we might be doing wrong? We're open to using Harold, if it can be utilized via command line Submit, but we'd like to avoid creating a new job dependent on the current one, for pipeline/organizational reasons. (We're, of course, going for #2 as seen here: http://www.uberware.net/forums/forums/viewthread/494)

Thanks very very much, in advance!

Fri, 12/Aug/2016 7:02 PM
Carver
5 Posts

Of course you look for two days and as soon as you make a post, there it is.

We thought it was enough to go to Normal Mode in the System menu to stop our windows machine from being the master (we were so naive--it takes much more to stop a true master), but we also had to end the SmedgeMaster.exe process as well. Closing out of Smedge or some other method would have been sufficient, I'm sure, we just did it with task manager.

The windows-linux migration was just a red herring! Also, we were so embarrassed to see that it tells you which computer is master (though one should not need to be told, and we will be punished accordingly) in the lower-right corner where it says "Connected to ...". Now we seem to be all set.

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved