ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Support > ''Maximum Times a Job can Fail'' setting

Wed, 29/Jun/2016 3:41 PM
Edith
5 Posts
Hi,

I didn't find this info in the user's manual. If an engine is currently used by Smedge to render a frame and it gets offline before finishing its task, does it count as a fail for the ''maximum times a job can fail'' setting in the configure master option?

If that's the case, is there a way to change this so it doesn't count as a fail for this setting?

Thank you!

Edith

Wed, 29/Jun/2016 9:49 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
Hi. If an engine goes offline uncleanly (crashes, hard power off, pulling wires, etc...), then the work gets counted as "lost" after a period, which counts towards the failure counts. If the engine goes offline through a clean shutdown, then the work is usually aborted with a "user abort" status, which does not count as an error.

One way to force a clean close is to disable the node immediately, to stop all work with a clean abort before you shut it down.

Let me know if that helps. Thanks,
-robin

Thu, 30/Jun/2016 12:28 AM
Edith
5 Posts
Hi Robin,

Thank you! In most cases for us, an engine goes offline when someone starts using the computer, the Smedge Engine is automatically disabled when someone start using it. We can see the user abort status when a job is using this computer at this time. So I suppose it will work. Thanks!

Edith

Edited by author on Thu, 30/Jun/2016 12:28 AM

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved