ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Support > Terragen Module Step Frames - how to implement?

Wed, 06/Apr/2016 11:32 AM
Mark
8 Posts
Hi All

Got Terragen running for the most part absolutely blasting away. However, run into a problem when it comes to step frames.

The command line is:

“C:\Program Files\Planetside Software\Terragen 3\tgdcli.exe” -p [PATH_TO_.TGD_FILE] -hide -exit -r -f [FRAME_RANGE]

where [FRAME_RANGE] is in the format 1-500/5 (the "/5" indicating the step. This works at command line just fine, but adding the "step" parameter through Smedge adds "-step 5" which does not work.

(Also tried using 1-500/5 in the Smedge Job GUI frame range but it ignores the "/" and everything after.)

In my module I have tried all sorts of things such as changing the [$(Extra)] parameter position in the module but I cannot stop it including the -step.

At the moment we're having to manually enter the frames (e.g.: 1,11,21,31,41,... for a step 10 sequence). But that is tedious and error prone for long ranges or odd steps that we sometimes use.

Any guidance on how to get it to play ball would be much appreciated.

Head scratchin'

Mark

PS: Smedge 2015.2

Edited by author on Wed, 06/Apr/2016 11:34 AM

Thu, 14/Apr/2016 4:30 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
Hi Mark

Try modifying the command line to assemble the range from two variables with an optional syntax. The first variable should be the range, and can be $(SequenceBy). If you do not already have SequenceBy, add it as a string to your module. The syntax would be:

-f $(Range)[/$(SequenceBy)]

If the SequenceBy parameter is left blank, the / and the value will be left out of the command line that gets generated.

Let me know if that helps. Thanks,
-robin

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved