ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Support > Smedge repeating first packet frames for all packets

Thu, 12/Nov/2015 1:27 PM
Robert
10 Posts
I have never seen this before. Last night Smege 2015 rendered 6 V-Ray for Maya jobs (using Maya 2016). The settings called for 10 frame packets, but it was rendering on a single machine.

The first job involved a total of 57 frames. Smedge correctly divided the work up as frames 01-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, 41-50, and 51-57. However, it then rendered frames 1-10 for each and every one of those assignments. For example: Work packet 5, showing the task as frames 041-050, it rendered frames 001-010, overwriting those frames for the fifth time. It then proceeded to do exactly the same thing for each of the other 5 jobs that were queued for rendering last night!

Job settings for the first job seem normal to me: Range to Process is 1-57, Packet Size set to 10.

What on earth happened? Am I missing some bizarre setting somewhere? I have done literally hundreds of Smedge jobs and have never seen this before.

Edited by author on Thu, 12/Nov/2015 1:30 PM

Fri, 13/Nov/2015 3:14 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
Were the frames rendered exactly the same frame, or were they the correct frame rendered but renumbered to overwrite the other frames? Can you check the captured output from one of these packets and send it to ? I can take a look and see what else may be going on.

We can always arrange a remote support session if the problem is still persisting. If it's specific to one scene, it is probably something in the scene's render settings or in one of the Smedge fields that is normally blank.

Thanks,
-robin

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved