ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Support > Exit Code 2 Support

Fri, 18/Sep/2015 8:55 PM
joshua
1 Post
Hey guys,
I'm trying to get 4 render nodes up to work with 3ds max. Every time I send a job any of my engines I get a failure saying, "Process returned an unsuccessful exit code 2". Any help would be appreciated.

Mon, 21/Sep/2015 4:28 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
When you see a failed render, it is often useful to look at the captured output from that render, which may give you more information. Right click on the failed work in the Job History and use View Process Output.

The most likely problem is that the scene files are not located on a central file server that is accessed through the same path on every machine. For example, if your files are on the D: drive on machine 1, but machines, 2 - 4 have their own D: drive, referencing the file on the D: drive will result in a file not found error on the other nodes. You must either mount the file server on a common drive letter for all machines, or try using a UNC path to the files.

Other common causes are issues like licensing failures or missing plugins. Ensure that all of your machines have a consistent setup with proper licensing required for rendering on all nodes.

If you cannot find any solution, try contact us directly at for more help. Thanks,
-robin

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved