ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Support > default log path

Tue, 15/Sep/2015 10:59 AM
Martijn
9 Posts
I'm trying to create default settings for an engine product (vray for maya) with "save as default", but when i reset the other engines then to default the log path is not restored..

I've tried using save to file but this doesn't work, the path is stored in the file however:

[ 31beca7c-49ea-4c14-93e9-4d0d7d225175 ]

OutputPath = \\tikola\Smedge\logs

[ Engine ]

And where can find the a list of variables i can use in the log path? I've been going through the manuals but I must have overlooked them..

(and too bad this forum doesn't have a search option)

regards,
Martijn

Wed, 16/Sep/2015 8:12 AM
Martijn
9 Posts
I've found my previous post regarding this so this is solved.

I keep getting the "waiting for downloaded file" message when I try to view process output on a node.

I'm using this log path setting:

\\TIKOLA\Smedge\logs\$(TypeString)\$(CurrentDate:20%y_%b_%d)\$(ParentName)\$(MachineName)\$(Name)

what can cause this error?

Wed, 16/Sep/2015 4:06 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
Hi

Waiting for downloaded file means that the engine is not serving the file to the client machine in a reasonable time frame. There may be many reasons why this can happen, usually related to either network issues.

If you continue to have a problem with this, contact me directly at , and let's find a time for me to remote connect and take a look.

Also, which version of Smedge are you using?

Thanks,
-robin

Thu, 17/Sep/2015 3:20 AM
Martijn
9 Posts
Could you please elaborate on these network issues and their reasons?

we use the latest version, 2015 update 2

Thu, 17/Sep/2015 3:20 AM
Martijn
9 Posts
Could you please elaborate on these network issues and their reasons?

we use the latest version, 2015 update 2

Mon, 21/Sep/2015 4:25 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
I don't have specific causes of this at this time. I am looking into ways to make this more consistent. One specific cause that I have seen is that sometimes when you restart the engine, it doesn't find all of the old saved log files anymore. Also, the engine will periodically clean up log files after a few weeks, but there is no mark or indication that the actual file is no longer available in the GUI.

If you find a way to consistently reproduce the system failing, please contact me at . Thanks,
-robin

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved