ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Support > 2015.2 with a centos 5 installation RPM ?

Tue, 04/Aug/2015 10:14 AM
Dennis
2 Posts
Hey Robin,

Could you compile a centos 5 as you did for 2015.0 ?
I cna't install the RPM on our license sever, a Centos 6.5,

Thank you

Tue, 04/Aug/2015 2:02 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
Here are links for CentOS 5 version (x64):

http://www.uberware.net/download/Linux/Smedge2015.2_centos5.rpm
http://www.uberware.net/download/Linux/Smedge2015.2_centos5.tar.bz2

I will update the download page to include these at some point today when I get a moment. Thank you,
-robin

Tue, 04/Aug/2015 2:04 PM
Dennis
2 Posts
Awesome ! :)

Thu, 06/Aug/2015 3:25 AM
Michael
26 Posts
thanks for posting this, otherwise I can't use smedge 2015 at all right now. Is it possible to have future smedge linux releases compiled for 5 and 6 as well as 7 and have them listed in the download section?

Strange thing though, when I go to create a new job, the gui instantly crashes on linux. If I load a job, that works, but as soon as I right click on it to edit it, GUI crashes.

We're using CentOS 6.6
I'm at the point that I'm thinking we're going to have to revert back to smedge 2014. I also have yet to figure out why our linux render nodes connect to the smedge server, but won't come online.

I'm a little frustrated since I had no idea future smedge versions were only going to run on CentOS 7+ since I can't seem to find an easy way to get Glib 2.14+ to install on centos 6. Makes me unsure about upgrading smedge over the next few years unless we invest the time into redoing our renderfarm with centos 7, which only just recently came out.

When we tried centOS 7 at the time of release, I couldn't get it to run maya, so had to stick with centOS 6. Even though smedge updates come out every few months, we're all still saddled with the platforms our 3D software is compatible with and how relatively slow their release cycles are.

Edited by author on Thu, 06/Aug/2015 3:43 AM

Mon, 10/Aug/2015 5:47 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
I'm sorry for the trouble with the updates. Smedge is easily built on any distribution of Linux, so I will be keeping the Centos 5 and 7 builds for now and adding more as specific requests come in. Also, I haven't added persistent links to the download page yet, because it's been a bit hectic over here, but I should get to that today.

Regarding the crashing, do you get a dump of any kind? Can you email me directly with steps you can use to reproduce the issue? I will try it out, and see if CentOS 6 is specifically the culprit or if there is a bug I missed somewhere.

Thank you,
-robin

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved