ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Support > maya 2015 mental ray not rendering

Wed, 29/Jul/2015 10:38 PM
ken
1 Post
Hello
We're trying out Smedge with Maya 2015 and Mental ray and it only seems to work if Maya Software is chosen as the renderer. Mental Ray will not render and the process output gives this error...

Error: file: P:/MuseumDome/Maya/scenes/test.ma line 7: Unable to dynamically load : C:/Program Files/Autodesk/mentalrayForMaya2016/plug-ins/Mayatomr.mll
The specified path is invalid.

We do have a demo of Maya 2016 installed but want to render in 2015. Can anyone tell me where the Smedge is getting the path to Maya 2016? The Product settings have the correct path to Maya 2015 render.exe. Is there somewhere else that the path to Mental Ray needs to be set?

Has anyone else experienced this?
Thanks
Ken

Sat, 01/Aug/2015 3:56 AM
Robin
1138 Posts
Hi

There is a bug in Smedge 2015 that can get the path to the executable stuck in an incorrect value, especially in this kind of situation, where you are using not the latest version installed.

This bug is resolved in Smedge 2015 Update 2. I am uploading these changes this weekend, and it will be available Monday morning. Once you update your machines, you will be able to easily configure any version of the executable. It is also more clever about when it searches for the latest executable, which improves start time for all Smedge components, and allows for automatically detecting new versions to be installed if you have not configured a specific version to use.

I am sorry for this inconvenience. Please contact us at if you have any questions.
-robin

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved