ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Support > Master keeps quitting!

Fri, 17/Apr/2015 7:55 AM
Pedrom
31 Posts
Hi
We have a bit of an issue here! We usually have one server PC feeding all engines as a dedicated master. For some reason, when I came into the office today, the master was closed. I started it again and after about 10-15 seconds, it closed again. I removed all lock files but didn't help. I tried restarting, reinstalling - all with no avail. Please help! All renders have come to a halt!

Edited by author on Fri, 17/Apr/2015 7:55 AM

Fri, 17/Apr/2015 10:48 AM
Pedrom
31 Posts
UPDATE:
Got the master working on another pc for now. Not ideal but at least we can render again.
Any possible solutions are still welcome, as we would like to get it back to the way it was!

Smedge 2014_v3 on Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard

Sat, 18/Apr/2015 5:31 AM
Robin
1138 Posts
If you see this again, please contact .

It's possible that it could be a corrupted job file that is causing the restart. The root cause is that you may have a job that is generating a lot of history and is causing the master to max out available memory.

Smedge 2015 introduces additional safeguards to avoid overwhelming the history when a job produces a lot of error messages. On any version of Smedge, you can also disable the error text detection instead of ignoring errors to avoid the problem.

If you cannot get the master to stay running, and see it using a lot of memory before it dies, check in the Smedge data folder for a *.history file that is excessively large. If your average files are a few tends of KB, and you see one at 2 GB, that's the bad one. Delete the history file before you restart your master.

If memory usage is not the problem, please contact me, so I can take a look at what is going on.

Mon, 20/Apr/2015 6:53 AM
Pedrom
31 Posts
Thanks Robin! I think that was the issue. I can't be 100% sure, as I ended up deleting the Uberware folder in Program Data. I think we're back to normal now. Will keep an eye on it for a few days before I give it the all-clear. If it happens again, I'll check out the .history files!

Thanks!
Ped

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved