ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Support > Setup small farm

Fri, 10/Apr/2015 10:18 AM
Joaquin
4 Posts
Hi, I have 3 PC all the same configuration. I just bought 2 licenses of Smedge 2015. One of the 3 PC is the master. PC number 3 doesn't work it can't write de frames. I'm ok with the licences? or I need one more? or this is a problem of path configuration? on my old version everything was working fine.

It shows me an erro like, "no such directory" for some of the textures of the scene. But I checked the scene and all the textures are in place. No weir paths, no spaces.

Any idea?
Thanks.

It is something with smedge 2015 on the PC 3 computer, the other 2 works ok. I tryed install it again, reset computer, and nothing, it wont get a package to start rendering. I configure the Maya render.exe on that particular computer also.

Edited by author on Fri, 10/Apr/2015 1:52 PM

Tue, 14/Apr/2015 1:58 AM
Robin
1138 Posts
Hi

Make sure that you have set your output directory for a folder that can be accessed with that same filename on every machine. These types of errors are usually caused by specifying an output location on a local hard drive.

Every render machine must have access to the output folder, and must have permission to create and write files there. If you only have one machine that is failing, it may not have the drive mounted, or may be running under a different user account that does not have permission.

If you cannot resolve the problem, I can take a look with remote support and see if I can point you in the right direction. It's hard to say I can resolve all possible network issues on the machine, but if you have Smedge connected and still cannot write the files, it often is something about the mounting or user account permissions.

Contact me at if you need me to remote in. Thanks,
-robin

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved