ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Support > Combining 32 and 64 bit Smedge

Wed, 04/Mar/2015 1:30 PM
Bjorn
1 Post
Hi,

Bjorn here, beginning Smedge user. At home I'm building a small renderfarm with 3 pc's and I was wondering : would a setup with the Smedge master running on a Windows XP 32bit professional laptop work with the other pc's (running Windows 7 64bit professional, they would be the engines) ?

Thank you for your time
Bjorn

Thu, 05/Mar/2015 1:46 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
You can mix the 32 and 64 bit versions on different machines. Note that the 64 bit builds have been updated to Smedge 2015, but I have not updated the 32 bit builds at this time. The reason this matters is that the Master will only check out licenses to engines running the same version or older, so you will have to use the Smedge 2014.3 build on all machines until I update the 32 bit builds with the new version.

You can find all older versions of Smedge here:
http://www.uberware.net/download2.php

There is not much demand still for 32 bit versions, and you really should not be using Windows XP in production if you can avoid it, as Microsoft has discontinued support for it. But when the next build is ready I will be sure to build the 32 bit versions anyway so older users can still keep up-to-date.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks,
-robin

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved