ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Support > Strange problem with Ivybridge CPU's

Mon, 15/Dec/2014 9:53 PM
Doug
50 Posts
Strange problem: All of my Windows7 64bit render machines work fine when they are rendering scene files that reside on my Mac mini running OS 10.4.

But 3 of those machines are incapable of rendering the same scene file when the file resides on a mac running OS 10.8 or higher. Those 3 machines are my ONLY 3 Ivybridge CPU's. All other CPU's are Sandybridge and work fine.

The 3 Ivybridge machines show errors while reading the scene file from the later OS systems, and then crash during render.

Any ideas anyone?

Wed, 17/Dec/2014 7:48 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
Perhaps it's time to update the Mac Mini running 10.4 to a more modern file server? 10.4 is likely to be the root cause of the problems. Can you test with a file served by a different one of the machines?

-robin

Wed, 17/Dec/2014 9:10 PM
Doug
50 Posts
Actually OS 10.4 is the one that works fine. I'm having trouble with all the newer operating systems. I bought a new mac mini to use as the fileserver, but I can't use it because OS 10.8 through 10.10 give me this problem with my Ivybridge PC's. Maybe those PC's need a BIOS update that will help. Fingers crossed, otherwise I don't know how the heck to troubleshoot this one!

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved