ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Support > Recovering Pool.DB

Mon, 08/Dec/2014 12:21 PM
Mark
16 Posts
Hi

We had a lot of pools set up and running up until a couple of weeks ago when we had a crash. Support were uber-helpful and got us back up on running on a new master as the old one simply wasn't playing ball thereafter

Now I have our old master back and running, but the pools are all missing. This makes things quite difficult for submissions. We had all sorts of settings with licenses, different software, different limitations and so on.

I experimented with copying the pool back from
C:\ProgramData\Uberware\SmedgeMaster\old.data\pools.db ->
C:\ProgramData\Uberware\SmedgeMaster\.data
and restarted the master but it just hung. All of the engines and jobs vanished! (everything read 0 in the status bar despite appearing connected.

So I removed the pool.db and restarted again. Voila! as they say, and everything picked up from where it had been left.

My guess is either the pool.db is incompatible with the re-install (because of the time codes?) or corrupt in some way. Is there any way/chance that this could be recovered? Otherwise i am going to have to reset them, and it leaves room for errors.

Thanks in advance

Mark

Wed, 10/Dec/2014 4:51 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
Hi Mark. Sorry for not seeing this sooner.

The pool database shouldn't be incompatible. Contact me directly and let me take a look and see if I can resolve what may be going on.

Thanks
-robin

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved