ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Support > Houdini IFD submitter and mapped drive on Windows

Thu, 06/Nov/2014 11:12 AM
Nikolay
11 Posts
Hi,

We have a problem when open IFD sequence from (x:\render\test_0001.ifd) where X: is a mapped drive.

The problem is that the submitter automatically converts the path to the full network path (\\server-x\render\test_0001.ifd) and mantra then gives error that can't write to X:\...

In our case this error can be avoid by simply changing by hand the all ready converted path to use the mapped drive (x:\render\test_0001.ifd)

How can stop that automatic path conversion? For example the maya submitter does not convert the path.

Thanks!

Fri, 07/Nov/2014 5:34 AM
Nikolay
11 Posts
Hi,

It's looking like the problem is deeper than we thought and is related to our network setup because somehow that problem vanished from itself.

So it's not directly related to the type of path (network or mapped drive). Sorry about misleading info in the first post.

Now we are waiting this to happen again so to continue with our investigation.

Side note: the smedge file browser window automatically converts the path to a network type when the path goes trough symbolic link folders. We are opening the maya scenes from a mapped drive path that does not contain symbolic links but the houdini ifd files are stored on path that have symbolic link folders. That's the reason we got mistaken that the problem is from the type of path.

Mon, 10/Nov/2014 7:39 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
Hi

Smedge uses the operating system provided open and save file dialog boxes, so behavior with regards to handling of links is probably the result of how the OS itself handles them. If you want, send me specific steps to reproduce the issue and I can take a look.

Note that the issue you noticed could be caused by one specific machine that was set into a network path. When you submit jobs in the GUI, it remembers the last settings you used for the next job you submit. Once someone was into a network path on their machine instead of the mapped drive, then every job they submitted would have this problem, while any other user on any other machine would not. You can cross check the job Creator to see if it's from a specific user.

It could be that you had some other transient issue, or perhaps a job with a badly formed path or a typo. As above, if you can consistently reproduce an issue, please let me know directly at and I will take a look.

Thanks
-robin

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved