ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Announcements > Smedge 3 version 2.4.0 released!

Mon, 15/Sep/2008 6:54 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
Well, it's finally here. With all the drama and delay behind us, we are proud to present Smedge 3, version 2.4.0, for Windows, Linux and Mac, available for immediate download!

This version is a major improvement in all aspects of Smedge operation and stability. The largest new change, of course, is the seamless addition of the OS-X platform. But there are changes throughout the entire system that will make it more reliable and easier to use than ever.

Now that the OS-X port is done, we are open to other possibilities for porting Smedge (PlayStation 3 hardware, anybody?), and for new Modules. We have a list of near term changes and improvements in the Modules, and we have a longer term plan for the next major release of Smedge, coming sometime next year, with a whole new database system that will simplify installation and maintenance and improve performance.

For a complete list of changes, see the Smedge 3 Changes page.

Download the latest version for all platforms from the Downloads page

Tue, 16/Sep/2008 3:38 AM
Robin
1138 Posts
FYI, the Mac version does not ship with an uninstaller. However, I have one available for download here:

http://www.uberware.net/download.php?download=52

To use it, save it in your user folder. Then:

1. Start Applications/Utilities/Terminal
  2. type:

sudo ./uninstall

This will remove from your system all Smedge program files, symlinks for the command line interface, and the installation receipts.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
-robin

Tue, 16/Sep/2008 7:34 AM
Jamie
102 Posts
I know it's a daft question, but is there a change list for the final version from the Beta 06 version on Windows? Also is there a Percentage job report cli tool for windows?
thanks

Jamie

Tue, 16/Sep/2008 5:39 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
You can browse to the issues database yourself and see all the changes. I did not do the best job of keeping track of version changes, but if you go here:

http://www.uberware.net/issues.php

then search for "2.4.0b7" (without quotes) that will show you changes that are marked as post beta 6.

The Job CLI shell app has been fixed to display percent done. Use something like:

Job List PercentDone

-robin

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved