ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Support > centOS 7.7 and launching SmedgeMaster

Sun, 10/Nov/2019 3:25 AM
Michael
26 Posts
Fresh default install of CentOS 7.7 and latest updates.

SmedgeMaster launches fine via regular CLI when launched manually, but I can't get SmedgeMaster to launch via cron or rc.local even when I set environment variables in my scripts regardless of root or normal user. The SmedgeMaster service Smedge attempts to install doesn't appear do anything either (lauched GUI as root). I tried putting the command directly in the .bash_profile, but it only takes hold when I relog in or SSH into the system. I also tried making a SmedgeMaster.desktop file to work with the Gnome Tweak Tool to show up in the auto-launch list, but even that doesn't work.

I can run all my other scripts just fine, but not able to launch SmedgeMaster.

I tried a million things in cron for either root or regular user, I imported my user profile settings in a bash script and tried running it from python - which I'm able to do anything else in. I tried setting up a custom service to try to autolaunch it, but still nothing.

I spent 7 hours today working on it thinking I needed to learn new linux ways of doing things, but now I'm convinced SmedgeMaster 2019 has an issue with CentOS 7.7.

Is there anything I'm missing or does the combination not work for auto launching SmedgeMaster at bootup?

SmedgeMaster does at least launch manually, but is there a way to get SmedgeMaster to autolaunch?

Thanks for your help

Edited by author on Sun, 10/Nov/2019 4:11 AM

Mon, 02/Dec/2019 8:09 PM
Michael
26 Posts
I'm having the same issue with trying to autolaunch SmedgeEngine with CentOS 8 with latest updates on a totally different system.

What is the recommended way to go about auto launching Smedge in the newer versions of linux at boot?

Sat, 07/Dec/2019 4:33 PM
Michael
26 Posts
ok I think I fixed it - was just a linux issue.

It had to do with using VNC and the GUI remotely to set things up which isn't the same as doing it in person directly. I also wasn't auto-logging in via CLI, so none of my startup commands were executing

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved