ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Support > Redundant Masters Mirror Issues

Fri, 01/Mar/2019 11:51 AM
bret
4 Posts
Hello there,

We've been setting up a small render farm and have been having some issues with getting our Master setup to work. Since we are planning to render for a long period of time, we thought it might be a good idea to have 2 Master computers that can hopefully mirror one another in case one goes down.

Yesterday, our primary Master went down(Computer shut down.), but when we brought it back up both Masters had no jobs listed. I was finally able to get our jobs back by closing both Masters and starting our primary master first.

So now I'm a little confused on how this works or if we are doing something wrong. Our setup contains 2 masters and 5 dedicated engines.

Also, when our primary master went down our license reset as well, though that isn't much of a big deal since we can just generate it. Should the second master have a license generated for it as well?

Also, is there a way to backup a list of jobs?

Thank you for your assistance!

Fri, 01/Mar/2019 2:16 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
Hi there.

Can you please send the history log files from both masters to ? I can take a look at what may be going on for both of these issues.

Usually, if the license gets lost, that indicates a permission issue with the actual master writing to the settings or possibly the master's ID changing because of something in the OS changing the order of or the ID of the installed network interfaces. When a redundant master doesn't get the correct info, that is usually indicative of some kind of communication or possibly a permission issue on the data folder on that machine.

Often there will be some indication in the log files, or at least a hint of what else may be going on. Thank you,
-robin

Fri, 01/Mar/2019 2:24 PM
bret
4 Posts
Hi,

Thanks so much for the quick response! We will try to send those logs out as soon as we can.

Mon, 04/Mar/2019 12:10 PM
bret
4 Posts
Hello,

One of our tech artists had sent over our logs from this weekends crash. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved