ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Support > Some $(name) parameters are not working in Job Finished event command

Sun, 09/Dec/2018 3:54 PM
Stuart
4 Posts
I'm trying to set up a post-render event to convert the output sequence to a movie file. But first I need to get information from the Job so I have a python script that simply writes a file with whatever data is provided when the script is called.

Job type is Maya, testing on a single workstation.

Job Event command: python smedgeTest.py $(ID)

import os
import sys

path = 'I:\GoogleDrive\Scripts\cmd'
def writeInput(smedge_data):
with open(os.path.join(path, 'smedgeTest.txt'), 'w') as testWrite:
testWrite.write(smedge_data)

writeInput(str(sys.argv[1]))

Most parameters under the Job list in the manual will work, eg. ID, CurrentDate, LogDir.
But anything under the ProcessJob list, eg. OutputPath, or the RenderJob list, eg. ImageDir, ImageFile, ImageFileList, result in no file being written.
How do I format the event command to send the paths of the output images to a python script?

Thu, 10/Jan/2019 5:57 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
Hi

Some variables are only available for the parent Job and others only in the child Work objects. The "Work Post-Execute" event is only on the Work object, and the work object doesn't get the update about these parameters.

You can try using the job event commands, but remember that these run on the Master, not on the Engine that did the work. Or if you can't make it work, please contact with specifics of what you are trying to accomplish, and I can work with you directly to find a way to do it.

Thanks,
-robin

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved