ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Support > Coming from another Render Manager - Few Questions

Thu, 05/Jul/2018 11:29 PM
Trey
2 Posts
Exploring some new options and giving Smedge a try. I've used another product for many many years now. We use Lightwave.

1. When I start a job is there a way that it can automatically check what frames have already been completed?
2. The Check Image Sequence feature has to be adjusted to include the extension every time I go in to check frames. Surely this can be configured to look for what THAT scene is setup to out put?
3. What are some UBER (pun intended) features you have loved about Smedge...

Thanks, looking forward to giving this product a full test.

EDIT: What kind of pricing would we be looking at if we wanted to run 5 computers with just Lightwave? I'm a bit confused about engines and workers and unlimited rendering on the price page. Each computer needs a license past 4 as I understand. If you chose to pay per year $45 per machine would get you unlimited rendering with 1-100 engines (3ds, maya, lightwave..etc..etc..) Is that right?

Edited by author on Thu, 05/Jul/2018 11:32 PM

Sat, 07/Jul/2018 4:40 PM
Trey
2 Posts
So I'm guessing this forum is either not super active or these features are not possible in Smedge?

Tue, 24/Jul/2018 4:53 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
Hi Trey

Sorry, these forums have been pretty quiet, and I've been slack about checking them because of that. Normally support is handled directly by contacting .

1. There is no built-in system that checks for existing frames when you submit a job clean. However, there is a tool in Smedge called CFS (Check File Sequence) that can detect missing or corrupted frames and resubmit those. This works for products where Smedge can detect the image file sequence from the renderer output, which does include Lightwave.

In theory, you could leverage this system by submitting a paused job with the output preconfigured, then using CFS to detect the missing frames and resubmit that as a new job. It's a bit awkward, but possible.

2. This sounds weird, so if you can contact directly we can arrange a time to remote connect and take a look and see what may be causing this. It should detect the whole filename, including the extension.

3. I'm the author, so I'm probably not the best person to ask. If you have any favorite features from another manager that you think are missing or work differently, I would love to hear about them. Again, you are probably better off contacting me directly.

For the pricing, you can have several options.

A) You can use the "unlicensed" mode that gives you 4 engines, and buy points for when you want to use the 5th engine. Points are consumed at one point per minute of actual rendering, and are available in packages of 60 hours ($10) to 60,000 hours ($3,600)

B) You can use the "annual" licenses, that require one license per node. For 5 nodes, there is a package that costs $200 per year. It will let you render on 5 machines with any rendering product in Smedge for one year.

C) You can use the "perpetual" licenses, that also require one license per node. Each perpetual license costs $100, so you would be looking at $500 total. This license allows you to run those nodes forever, but only versions released within the support period. To upgrade Smedge after the support period has ended costs $20 per node ($100 for 5) giving you another year of support and upgrades.

There is also a "monthly" license available that works like the "annual" license. The cost is $45 for 5 nodes per month. You can mix and match any licenses as well, so you can add rental nodes for a month to your perpetual nodes, or buy points to add on extra machines when you need.

Thank you. Again, please contact for more responsive support and questions. Thank you,
-robin

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved