ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Support > Setting up small render farm with 1 WS and 3 nodes for Maya/Arnold 2018

Mon, 28/May/2018 10:13 AM
Andre
2 Posts
Hi together,

I want to set up a small render farm for my daughter who is actually studying 3D Animation Design.
I have her Workstation (W10 Pro + GForce1060 + Ryzen 5 1600X) and as nodes 3 Dell Poweredge R610 with 2 Sixcore Xeons each running W10 Pro as well.

Installed is Maya 2018.3 on each machine.

The intention is to send the renders to the 3 nodes while still working, or even use the workstation as a render node too. A network license for Arnold will be available via Autodesk License Manager.

Now my question is: do I need to buy the license for this arrangement, or is it covered by the statement "You can use Smedge for free with no license installed on up to 4 machines." ?

And do I have to be aware of anything special when setting up the Smedge network ?

Best regards
Andre

Mon, 11/Jun/2018 4:43 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
As long as you have 4 or fewer nodes, you can run Smedge without any license installed. If you want to add a 5th machine, you will have to ensure that you either have a license for every rendering machine (i.e. 5 licenses) or enough points to allow your 5 machines to render as long as you need.

Beyond that, the only other issues will be concerns about finding your scene files on every machine, and ensuring that the render nodes have the correct settings and required programs and plugins.

Thank you,
-robin

Wed, 27/Jun/2018 6:29 AM
Andre
2 Posts
Dear Robin,

thanks for your answer.

Best regards
Andre

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved