ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Announcements > Send notification

Thu, 02/Nov/2017 8:49 PM
Alonso
11 Posts
Is there anyway to send a message to the creator, after a job is done?

Mon, 06/Nov/2017 6:59 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
You have several ways to accomplish this. The most common is to set up the Herald on a machine (often even the same machine as the master) to respond to job events and send out notifications or run other post-process operations.

Herald can send emails directly, but to be honest, its SMTP code is very old and does not handle secure connections and more modern email handling. That said, you can use any of a large number of command-line SMTP clients to generate and send the email.

If you don't want to deal with Herald and a whole separate process, you can configure this using the event commands. This may be easier if you have automated the submit process with a script, and need very different types of post-processing for different types of jobs. You can use the Job Finished event to trigger a command to send an email or do whatever other work you may want to do.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you,
-robin

Mon, 06/Nov/2017 7:48 PM
Alonso
11 Posts
yes, i will try with the command event finished runnning a script or bat file. But i need something else, to identify wich user sent the job just to run the script in a specefic WS.

Anohter question that i have *i already did but i dont know why it doesn't appear in the front page of the forum) is there anyway to deley a post render action, I want to be clear, i have some finished render actions setted up, but one of them i would like to run one of them, lets say 10 seconds after another, i already tried with timeout command and also with /T ("seconds") /nobreak and didn't work.

hope you can help me.
regards.

Tue, 07/Nov/2017 7:50 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
You can use the Smedge variable substitution system to get data from the job to your event commands. For example, if you want to send the notification to the job's creator, you can use $(Creator) and when the command is run, that string will be replaced with the value of the "Creator" field of the job. Also remember there are a bunch of "parameter commands" you can add to modify the value when it gets substituted as well. See the Administrator Manual for more details.

For the timed issue, there is no built-in system in Smedge itself at this time, but I have thought about adding a "Start Time" parameter to jobs that could allow you to schedule jobs to be started at some point in the future. That kind of system could help with what you are asking about, so I will take a look at trying to get that into the next update, if possible.

Thanks,
-robin

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved