ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Support > Smedge 2016 - Master and Engines settings unstability

Mon, 21/Nov/2016 3:06 PM
Edith
5 Posts
Hi,

First, English is not my first language so please excuse any further mistakes. Thank you!

We're using Smedge 2010 for a few years now and would like to update to Smedge 2016, to take advantages of new options and hoping for a better reliability.

We are currently testing Smedge 2016 with 4 engines before committing to buy it. We use Smedge with Maya only for now.

My first tests went well (priority with pools, changing settings in the distribution tab in the master options, Enabled/Disabled, etc), but as soon as I try to change options in the Product settings tab in the Master options window or Engine settings windows, it doesn't work well at all. Smedge behavior is totally unpredictable.

I've tried several times to uncheck an option box in the product settings options, on the Master and on the engines as well. I've clicked on Apply and close and reopened the window. The option box is still checked!
I've tried to adjust the verbosity as well, sometimes I can change the setting, sometimes it doesn't work (most times, it doesn't).

While I was doing these tests, Smedge lost his Drive Mapping settings for Maya, even if I haven't changed them. Our engines couldn't render anymore. In fact, one of them still can, but not the others.
I've tried several times to enter our informations again on 2 differents engines, both in the master options AND the engines settings. As soon as I clicked on Apply and close and I reopened the same window, the settings were not there, or some informations were missing. My colleague has succeeded to enter the settings again, but we've lost them again the next day. Even when the settings were there again, only one engine out of three was able to render.
I'm noticing the same behavior today: I can't change anything in the Product settings tab, changes are wiped off as soon as I click on the Apply and close button.

We don't understand at all what's going on...
Please help!

Thanks!

System: Windows 7 64 bits

Edited by author on Mon, 21/Nov/2016 3:22 PM

Wed, 23/Nov/2016 1:27 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
Hi

Can you please contact me directly at ? I would like to remote connect to your network to see what may be going on. It sounds like there is some kind of configuration issue that is causing communication problems or possible data loss. This is possibly related to the upgrade from 2010 to 2016, because the data formats have changed significantly, and these kinds of upgrades often can lead to issues from leftover files because of permissions and such.

Thank you,
-robin

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved