ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Support > smedge lost master

Thu, 06/Oct/2016 10:13 PM
mark
8 Posts
greeting - I'm having a problem after upgrading smedge. Basically its lost its Master. I uninstalled and reinstalled and the auto setup isn't working -
I found, 'smedge no longer finds master - network change' but putting ip addresses into 'configure connection' is not working either.

Edited by author on Thu, 06/Oct/2016 11:26 PM

Sat, 08/Oct/2016 6:09 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
If you see this, please contact and we can arrange a time to do remote support. There are several possible causes of disconnects, from temporary network issues to stale lock files or possible corrupted job data. Support can help you find the cause of your issue and resolve it.

Thanks,
-robin

Tue, 11/Oct/2016 6:59 PM
mark
8 Posts
tried the new install but still no joy

Fri, 14/Oct/2016 2:35 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
Let's set up a time for remote support. Please contact . Thanks,
-robin

Tue, 28/Mar/2017 7:25 PM
mark
8 Posts
hi Robin,
I've had to change offices and somehow I've lost the master again. cannot find emails to tell me what I did last time - its the same computer but I've upgraded smedge and maya and renderman - I have sometimes had smedge working and when I did it failed on the renderman for maya render (all local) with the maya batch render exe crashing. Any guidance would be great

oops found our previous correspondence - I'll check it out
m

Edited by author on Tue, 28/Mar/2017 7:31 PM

Tue, 28/Mar/2017 7:45 PM
mark
8 Posts
ok I went through our correspondence and found that to solve the missing master I went back a version to smedge 2015 v2. In my upgrading I forgot this and upgraded to the latest so the problem is back.
I'd like to keep smedge 2016 and solve the problem as I'm looking to use redshift too. Maya 2017 has the rmanRenderer.xml in the correct location this time. The strange thing is, a couple of times yesterday I had smedge 2016 online but its out now. It gives me the 'searching for master' screen. If I go to task manager I can see SmedgeEngine.exe, SmedgeGui.exe and SmedgeMaster.exe are now listed.
I tried resubmitting a license code with no luck.

Wed, 05/Apr/2017 5:50 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
If you continue to have issues connecting, please contact me directly at and I can arrange a time to remote connect and take a look. Thank you,
-robin

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved