ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Support > Wrong file extension render behavior

Wed, 24/Aug/2016 5:38 PM
Alonso
11 Posts
Hi everyone out there, i had been worked on smedge around one year but now i am trying to start a little farm at another studio with smedge. The issue is this, when we send the job to the farm in "TIFF" sequence or wherever image extension is, the machines render a sequence of .AVI with WRAW coced, in fact with a part of the all sequence. I check other similar topics but nothing helped.

Thanks, and happy renders.

Thu, 25/Aug/2016 1:12 AM
Robin
1138 Posts
Hi

After Effects has some issues that you may be running into.

Specifically, I have seen that if you select one output preset (like "Lossless"), then customize it to different settings (like outputting TIFF files), then sometimes other machines on the network ignore the customization and fall back on the preset default settings.

The solution is to ensure that you always use a preset without customizing it. Instead, make a new preset in your AE interface with the settings you need. Then select this preset when you queue your comp in the render queue. Make sure not to click on it and "customize" it (even if you don't change any settings).

It doesn't matter if the other machines do not know about the preset, as long as it has not been customized in the project render queue.

Let me know if that helps. Thank you,
-robin

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved