ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Support > smedge subnet issue

Fri, 19/Aug/2016 2:41 PM
bill
3 Posts
moved render farm to colofacility. clients VPN to facility, but on a different subnet. smedge on client do not see master or rest of render farm. I tried specifying master ip address and port on client, but still doesn't work. Any suggestions?

oh, this is smedge 2012 update 1.

Edited by author on Fri, 19/Aug/2016 2:45 PM

Fri, 19/Aug/2016 3:39 PM
bill
3 Posts
a little progress. my specifying not only the master ip address and port, but also setting the listening network to the ip address of the vpn interface, i got it to see the smedge config at the datacenter.

but only halfway there. it shows all the engines and master as offline in the gui. it also says the machine i just configured is online, but unlicensed.

Thu, 25/Aug/2016 1:02 AM
Robin
1138 Posts
Hi

If you remote desktop to the colofacility, do you see the engines there? The engine being "offline" means that the SmedgeEngine process is either not running or is unable to communicate with the master.

Also, note that the master must be able to find the engine. This is why you had to specify the IP address of the local machine in the Connection.ini file. You may need to do this with the other nodes.

Note that instead of specifying the IP in the INI file (which is error prone and hard to maintain), you can supply the command line flag -SetClientPreresolve 1 or the environment variable SMEDGE_CLIENT_PRERESOLVE=1. These force the client to pre-resolve its own IP address before communicating, without having to know it ahead of time.

If this does not resolve it, please contact so we can see what else may be going on. Thank you,
-robin

Mon, 29/Aug/2016 3:41 PM
bill
3 Posts
hi. if i remote to colo, i do see master and all engines. my user thinks that the remote client isn't actually seeing current config, but something cached.

Fri, 02/Sep/2016 3:59 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
Perhaps the best plan is to arrange remote support, so I can verify it is working as expected. Please contact me at and let's arrange a time to take a look. Thank you,
-robin

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved