ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Support > missing engine

Wed, 18/May/2016 6:45 PM
mark
8 Posts
greetings - I had a node get fried - had to replace, power, board, cpu (not hd). Its come back working ok, I can remote desktop to it and see that smedge is up and running. The machine can see my workstation and all other nodes, internet connection etc.
Trouble is its not listing in smedge master as an engine and not picking up render jobs.
Any help would be fabulous

Wed, 18/May/2016 8:19 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
Hi

When an engine does not show up, or stays offline, the problem is usually one of that the SmedgeEngine component process is not running, or there is a firewall blocking communication between the nodes.

If the process not started, try starting it manually with the menu command System > Components > Remove the Engine Lock File. If that command fails, you should see a message with a reason why, and you can try removing the lock file manually. Once the lock file is removed, try starting the process manually again.

One other thing to be aware of, especially if you had hardware changes or major OS updates, is that the unique ID of the machine may change. The ID is based on network hardware, but the OS can change the order that the interfaces appear and assign a new unique ID to an interface, either of which may change the automatically detected ID. This usually manifests as a second copy of the engine in the list, with one always offline, and the other working normally. If you see this, you can simply select and remove (in Administrator Mode) the offline engine.

If none of that helps, please contact and we can arrange a remote support session to figure out what else may be going on.

Thank you,
-robin

Thu, 19/May/2016 12:25 AM
mark
8 Posts
thanks Robin, Tried those techniques - no love. I suspect its the hardware id.
anyhow I reinstalled and it fixed the problem - thanks for your help

Fri, 20/May/2016 1:21 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
Let me know if you see this again. You can contact directly and we can remote connect to take a look.

Thanks,
-robin

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved