ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Support > job doesn't distribute

Tue, 19/Jan/2016 4:38 PM
noel
1 Post
Hi,
I've just set up smedge on 3 machines but I have encountered a problem when submitting a job. It doesn't want to distribute the job between the machines and renders only on one. If I start a second job it is assigned to one of the other engines and also only renders that job exclusively. The packet size is set to one.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Are there restrictions on the trial unlicensed version?
Thanks in advance.

Wed, 20/Jan/2016 2:41 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
If the job is started and fails on the machines really fast, you may not see it start on those engines, but it actually has hit its failure limit. Reset the failure counts, and you should see it try again, which will add more failed attempts to the history.

If this is the problem, there is an issue with the scene on those machines. Most likely, it is a path problem, or an issue with the machines trying to find the scene file or texture files. Perhaps they are referenced from a local hard drive on the one machine that is working. If so, try to move these on to a file server, correct any paths to shared drive letters, or use UNC paths.

If the work is not being sent to the engine at all, check first that there is not a limit on the job. This is possible if you ever ran an old version of Smedge, and updated to Smedge 2015 recently. Check in the Advanced Info tab when you submit the job and ensure that there is not a limit on the job of 1 engine or 1 worker.

If that limit is not set, double check the product limits in the Configure Master dialog box, and also ensure that the rendering product is enabled in the Configure Engine Settings dialog on the machines.

If none of that helps, please contact and we can try to arrange a remote support session to see what else may be going on. Thank you,
-robin

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved