ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Feature Requests > Herald option to send text file with specifics

Sun, 28/Jun/2015 3:39 PM
Michael
26 Posts
I'd really like to use Herald, but find it really limited in what it's capable of reporting.

The options I'd like to see is it sending text that shows you the full frame history statistics of the jobs that you specify. Things like how long the individual work took to finish and which work is still in progress and for how long.

Right now it can report when a job finished which doesn't provide much detailed info. Or it can report when each work is finished which will flood your email if you have several thousand frames you're rendering and would have to click on each email when you really want to see it all in one email.

Edited by author on Sun, 28/Jun/2015 3:43 PM

Thu, 02/Jul/2015 7:31 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
Hi

You can mix the Herald with the other command line tools to generate a more detailed report. Have the Herald run a command, but have the command be something like:

cmd /c Job History $(ID) > /path/to/file.txt

You can also create a script that reports more specifically using the Job and other command line components as needed, and call that script.

Please let me know if you have any questions. If you find yourself unable to get exactly the information you desire, please let me know at . I can take a look at code and see if there is a way or if I can add a way easily.

Thanks,
-robin

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved