ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Feature Requests > Easier 'Engine Priority' access

Tue, 02/Jun/2015 7:35 AM
Pedrom
31 Posts
I must say, I'm still in 2014 v3 - so I'm sorry if this is already a feature in the newer version!

At the moment it's a pretty laborious task to set the Engine's Priority, especially when you have a lot of them! Currently they all have to be done individually in the Configure Engine Settings menu (as far as I am aware).

It would be great if there was a way to do it in the GUI, in mass or just a quicker way to do it individually.

Also, if I enable the Priority tab in the Engines section of the GUI, it just gives me seemingly random numbers and letters - not the Engine Priority.
Screenshot:
http://1drv.ms/1FroGUm

Cheers,
Ped

Thu, 04/Jun/2015 3:06 AM
Robin
1138 Posts
First, you should try upgrading to 2015. The entire engine data system has changed, and the engine priority value does display normally in the current version.

To set the priority for many engines at the same time, you can select them all before you open the dialog. Then change the priority value, and press Apply and Close. It will set that priority value for all of the engines (as long as the "Auto Copy to All" box is checked).

Let me know if that helps. Thanks,
-robin

Thu, 04/Jun/2015 11:50 AM
Pedrom
31 Posts
Thanks Robin. That's good to know. We'll update as soon as we can!

I was aware of that method of bulk editing, but I was speaking more about setting them all at different priorities - not the same. Perhaps a similar method to what is available already with the Job priority, using the arrow icons on the top toolbar to adjust in increments of 1 - but for Engine priority?

Ped

Thu, 04/Jun/2015 7:16 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
No, there currently isn't a nice GUI way to set the Engine priority values. You can use the Engine command line tool, so perhaps you could use that from a script or a simple GUI you create yourself with your favorite scripting/development tools.

Normally, Engine priority is not something that changes very often, which is why there hasn't been much thought put into an interface for it. Do you find that you are changing it a lot?

Fri, 05/Jun/2015 4:32 AM
Pedrom
31 Posts
No, you're absolutely right. It's really a one-off kind of thing. I guess because I couldn't easily see the Engine priorities all together, it made it seem difficult and long winded to organise. I'm not a programmer either! Probably best we just update to 2015! :)
Thanks!
Ped

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved