ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Feature Requests > Primary and secondary priority

Wed, 27/Aug/2014 12:48 PM
Pedrom
31 Posts
When I set a sequence to render on Smedge, I like to set an initial test job off at priority 100 with just 2 or 3 frames from the sequence, then set off a second with the remaining frames at a lower priority. It's great to see if there are any errors immediately, and then have the rest render in the queue later.

I was wondering if it was possible to implement a system which avoids having to create two jobs for the same sequence - it can get messy.
I was thinking that within the job settings, the user could set an initial priority number for selected frames, then set a secondary priority for the rest of the frames to be completed at. Once the first frames have been rendered, Smedge would automatically lower the priority of the job accordingly.

Thoughts?

Thu, 28/Aug/2014 9:58 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
There have been several requests for this kind of feature, and I'm working to come up with a good design for how to implement. I was thinking of having a setting to priority boost X frames from each job. This would essentially add 100 to the priority for the first X frames/workers from a job.

This way, higher priority jobs still get boosted ahead of lower priority jobs that are also still being boosted. This also makes a single customization entry (the X, in this case) in the Master settings. It may be good to have a Master Product Option and a Advanced Job setting that can override the boost for specific products or jobs.

What do you think of that approach?

Fri, 29/Aug/2014 7:04 AM
Pedrom
31 Posts
Yes, I think this is a well thought out approach. It would help us a lot in keeping things tidy and functional!

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved