ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Feature Requests > Arnold Render MtoA

Tue, 12/Mar/2013 12:29 AM
Joe
2 Posts
Hi , We`re considering change our render engine to solidangle `s MtoA , could it possible Smedge add new support for Arnold ? thank you .

Wed, 13/Mar/2013 5:22 AM
Robin
1138 Posts
I am adding Arnold support for the Smedge 2013 release, which should be available in about 1 more month.

Thanks
-robin

Sun, 17/Mar/2013 7:53 AM
QuakeMarine1
177 Posts
if you run the render cmd via "-file" you can use Smedge for mayaArnold just fine

just in case you need to access the Arnold render overwrites you need to have a modifies maya module of smedge

Tue, 19/Mar/2013 9:31 AM
Joe
2 Posts
Thank you ,Guys!

Tue, 09/Jul/2013 5:49 PM
shawn
1 Post
Any chance that Arnold update is coming soon? :)

And QuakeMarine1, how do you do that... I'm a little confused.

THANKS!!!!

Thu, 11/Jul/2013 6:49 AM
Robin
1138 Posts
Hi

The next version is very close to release. We are running quite smoothly at very large scale now, and the last issues are being resolved now. I expect release in 2 to 4 weeks.

If you want to render a Maya scene with the Arnold plugin renderer with the current version, you should use the basic "Maya" product in Smedge. This product tells Smedge to start the Maya render with the -r file flag, which indicates to Maya to use whatever renderer plugins are configured in the scene file itself. This is the most flexible way to run renders, because it will allow you to run any type of renderer plugin that Maya supports, even if that specific plugin has not been added to Smedge yet.

The Maya-based modules are all defined in the Maya.ini file in the Modules folder of the Smedge distribution. Support for the Arnold for Maya plugin will involve modifications to this file. I have not yet completed those changes, or I would just share the file with you now. However, once the changes are made, the file should work with older versions of Smedge as well as the latest release, because it is just an INI file.

Of course, I still highly recommend updating for other reasons. The current beta version vastly out-performs any previous version in stability, speed, and scalability. I am beta testing on a farm with 850 nodes, and with a large variety of jobs, including large project with work that finishes in seconds. I haven't been able to break it yet.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you,
-robin

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved