ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Announcements > Do you use Boxx Technologies hardware?

Fri, 19/Feb/2010 4:49 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
If so, would you be interested in being able to purchase your Smedge licenses directly with your hardware through Boxx? We are interested in your ideas and your experience with Boxx as a hardware manufacturer. Please contact us either by replying to this forum or by email.

Thanks for your input!
-robin

Wed, 24/Feb/2010 4:26 PM
Jeff
2 Posts
All of our workstations and most of our render farm are from Boxx. They are a great company. I can get answers from them on 3rd party products that they don't even sell ASAP. Can't ask Dell which edit card works best with Premier. They've even tested vid cards in their machines for me that they don't advertise. Can't beat that!
Having said that I really would not buy a workstation with Smedge installed. I just don't see the worth in it. I think in the long run it's easier for me to set it up myself (I don't install locally anyway).

Thu, 25/Feb/2010 3:38 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
What about if you could buy render farm boxes with Smedge already installed and licensed? When you are configuring your new farm boxes, besides picking the CPU speed and amount of RAM, you could have your additional Smedge licenses ready to go. Would that interest you?

Wed, 26/May/2010 10:40 PM
Geoffrey
3 Posts
That would be a very interesting thing.

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved