ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Feature Requests > explore scene folder

Fri, 12/Feb/2010 9:08 AM
QuakeMarine1
177 Posts
whould be helpfull to access the render log folder as well "explore scene folder" via rightclick ...

if a task is running we can see the log via view process but if the task is finished then i need to browse a lot to find the correct log

Fri, 12/Feb/2010 12:20 PM
Martin
69 Posts
I can see all logs even after job is finished by right click and "View process output" in History tab . . .

Fri, 12/Feb/2010 2:58 PM
QuakeMarine1
177 Posts
we have 2 ways to see "View process output"
if nodes working rightclick in the top window to the active task and in the history
the history is not working for me - I get "could not open file" since I store my work logs on the engine local c:\ drive (due to massive log output and possible LAN slowdown)

all engines have shared C drive but "View process output" searches my local c:\..file..

thats my problem I guess

Robinator ?

Sat, 13/Feb/2010 9:38 AM
Martin
69 Posts
I did have the same problem with some older version of Smedge during my testing, but it disappeared with 2010 version and I can see all logs running or completed with no problems.
Our logs are saved within the rendered scene folder on network drive (which is by default I assume)

Sun, 14/Feb/2010 2:59 AM
Robin
1138 Posts
If you are saving output logs to the local C drive, then even having an "explore scene folder" command would not be helpful. I may still add one, because it could be useful. However, Smedge 2.4 added the file transfer system, and so I plan to actually use that instead. Engines will save the logs locally, and make the files available by file transfer when requested. This will also reduce network traffic and file server load during rendering.

Mon, 22/Feb/2010 5:08 PM
QuakeMarine1
177 Posts
let me add the request to open the log and view progress via doubble click insteat of icon or RMB

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved