ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Feature Requests > Herald to report total cpu time taken on job completion/inprogress.

Tue, 12/Jan/2010 10:55 AM
Jamie
102 Posts
Hi Robin

Happy New Year to everyone! I'm looking to post into project MySQL tables from the event system on Smedge and I am desparately trying to get the value from smedge for the 'cpu time taken' on an incomplete job in the queue or when a job completes. Is there specific way of getting smedge to report this back to us?

I know I think I've maybe mentioned it before but I'm struggling to remember or find the post/reply.
Cheers

Jamie

Tue, 12/Jan/2010 11:42 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
There is no direct way to get this number from the Job data currently. This will likely be changing in Smedge 2011, with the new unified data architecture. What you have to do is track the time of the events yourself, and calculate the times that you need from the difference between when it started and when it finished (or failed).

-robin

Wed, 13/Jan/2010 9:31 AM
Jamie
102 Posts
Hi Robin,

From what I'm thinking, we send an 8min per cpu to an 8core machine. We log the cpus used on that frame and then the time it 'actually' took then simply multiply that 1min frame on an 8core machine to get the true cpu time taken in total on that node. So it'd take 1min but we'd calculate the 8mins cpu time on that, ok. We can do that.

Now if I remember correctly smedge does verbose how many cpus were allocated to that one frame in herald, doesn't it?

I'll do some more tests and let you know how we get on. :D
Cheers

Jamie

Wed, 13/Jan/2010 3:51 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
Yes, you can get the number of cores used for a work unit with the $(CPUs) variable. Check out the Administrator Manual for all of the possible variables available. Let me know if you have any questions.

-robin

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved