ÜberwareTM

View Forum Thread

Anyone can view the forums, but you need to log in in order to post messages.

> Forum Home > Feature Requests > super Maya modul "-r file" only

Wed, 07/Oct/2009 2:30 PM
QuakeMarine1
177 Posts
currently we have per renderer a separate modul
if a scene include software and mental ray we can send
2 jobs one -r MR + one jobs -r SW + define the passes(or remove from file)
1 job as "-r file"

"-r file" options is the simple way cos Maya uses whatever is set in the scene
on the other hand we can not access MR specific overwrites in the GUI

maybe i am wrong but thats not true
render.exe -r file -mr:rt 16 -mr:ts 8 -mxw:ml --proj ...
set the MR bucktes to 8pixel and threads to 16 and for Maxwell it enable multilight

Wed, 07/Oct/2009 3:58 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
I haven't heard anything about this, but I'll give it a try and see if it works. If so, it will take a bit of work to get the Maya module to show a nice GUI with this, but you can always add any desired extra command line parameters manually in the "Render Overrides" tab of the Submit job window, even if there is no pretty GUI button for it on that tab.

-robin

Thu, 08/Oct/2009 4:40 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
Wow, cool, I had no idea you could do that, but I have tried it and it does allow you access to many of the command line parameters to customize each render layer. Interestingly, however, you cannot override the render threads for the Maya Software renderer (the -n flag), which makes it a bit less useful for Smedge specifically.

That said, to implement this multi-flag system in the Smedge GUI with a nice interface for each option would take a major reworking of the Maya module. This sort of reworking will not be possible for the Smedge 2010 release.

If there is sufficient interest, we can look into adding this to the Smedge 2011 feature set. Remember, you can still add the flags manually in the "Render Overrides" tab's top area, where the command line flags are displayed. Even if they don't get put into the GUI controls correctly, the actual contents of this text area is what is added to the command line, so you can still make use of it, in any version of Smedge.

-robin

Thu, 15/Oct/2009 1:30 PM
QuakeMarine1
177 Posts
we could be more smarter and re-write the render decition
that way we can include any Mel cmd as render flag

other anti alising or other FG mode could be set in cmd line directly

Thu, 15/Oct/2009 3:29 PM
Robin
1138 Posts
I looked into this a bit more, and I think I can add it actually more easily than I had thought. I'll give it a try once I get a chance to adjust the Maxwell Module to handle Maxwell 2.

Thanks
-robin

Sat, 17/Oct/2009 6:12 AM
QuakeMarine1
177 Posts
there is even more possible
we can incluse into the render deciption our own cmds and link mel script to it.
that way we can workaround the theads problem for -n maybe?

i dont have the link to hand but i included a line into the deci. and was able to set the maximal memory via cmdline afterwards

in theory all render settings from all renderer can be accessed that way
we are not limited to the "-r file -help" list

Page 1 of 1

©2000 - 2013 Überware. All rights reserved